This page is a work in process

Salem does not have business licenses, but they do have other permits required and a variety of laws and regulations that affect mobile operations.   These include building codes, land use codes, ordinances and regulations administered by the Police Department,  Fire Department, Planning Department and Community Development, to name a few.

They are in a variety of places in codes, rules and other documents.  Here are some of them.


Some of these apply to food carts, other apply to food trucks.

Police Protective License for everyone operating a food cart (push cart, sidewalk vendor)

This is a summary of the info for food trucks and trailers.